Monday, December 29, 2008

The big Weigh In!

So today was my first weigh in, I am back on track with WW and my mom is going with me. I have learned that my weight like most people goes up down up down it just never comes back in the same place I lose it! But I think I do these ups and downs because I lose focus of what is important and get side tracked with everything else. I lose focus of ME and what I need, as busy moms and wifes and all the other roles we play we take care of everyone and everything else first and then forget about ourself. For 2009 I am giving you all permission to put yourself FIRST. I promise it is worth it. If you take time for yourself physically as well as mentally than you can take care of the other things better than ever. Remember if momma aint happy, nobody's happy! As this year ends and the new one begins reflect back and think of what you liked and didn't like of 2008 and make the changes necessary for 2009.
Get a plan, it sounds like most of you have stated your first goal and even know what you are going to do to get there. Please write out your plan and post it wherever you need to see it (yes your house may look like it has sticky note wallpaper by the time you are done) when you make your plan it MUST have 2 things, it must be attainable and sustainable. YOU CAN DO THIS!

4 comments:

  1. Well...I just finished my first 20 minute workout in my living room. I didn't realize how out of shape I am! This is going to be a hard uphill battle but I am glad there are other people in my same situation.

    I was proud of myself today...I passed up Taco Bueno and came home to eat a turkey sandwich! I have completed my first mini workout session and I feel I am on the right track. Now, I just have to keep up the pace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to share this article with everyone....

    http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/22630/the-truth-about-diet-soda/

    There are 2 links in there:
    1) 20 unhealthiest drinks in America
    2) 13 worst "healthy" foods in the supermarket

    Keep these in mind as you are shopping over the course of our journey together....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for posting-this is exactly what I was hoping for. I am going shopping at the mall tomorrow and wearing my pedometer as encouragement-my goal is to hit the recommended 10,000 steps for the day. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok ladies! I am pumped! Turns out that I went to the doctor today and got weighed in 5 lbs. less than when I went to the doctors last week! I am THRILLED and PUMPED UP now! Girls, we can all do this!!! I've been going to the gym and doing 30 minutes of cardio and even though the gym is one million degrees and I look at the little clock that tells me how much time I have left and roll my eyes every two minutes...it seems to be working! Let's go everyone!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
definition of ME: a happy, blessed, cared for, loved, respected,Christ forgiven chick that wants to lose weight, feel great, and support others along the way.