Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Burning calories and getting bargains

I have been at the mall most of the day, not only did I get some great bargains I also met my goal and walked over 10,000 steps-over 3 miles! While shopping!!! Like Renee says, the exercise is working. Get a plan to exercise but dont limit it to "gym"mentality. Get creative roam the mall, Wal-Mart, etc. Park farther away, take groceries in one bag at a time, play the Wii, walk, wrestle, play ball with the kids..the possibilities are endless. Just remember Any movement is better than no movement. Exercise not only helps the weight and the inches it also helps relieve stress and depression and increases motivation!! I am planning on starting an exercise challenge on Jan. 1st, so ladies you have one day to get your plan together!
I ate at two restaurants without advance notice of where I was going (planning ahead is the best way to plan what to eat) and while I didn't eat the BEST choice, I definately ate the much BETTER choice of what I would have chosen before I decided to be a loser chick! As you are changing your eating habits, you dont have to do a drastic change all at once, do it step by step so you are more likely to be satisfied and motiviated. I heard something yesterday I want to share: Its not what you eat between Christmas and New Years that matters, its what you eat between New Years and Christmas that makes the difference!
Enjoy your last day of 2008 tomorrow and get ready for a great 2009!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
definition of ME: a happy, blessed, cared for, loved, respected,Christ forgiven chick that wants to lose weight, feel great, and support others along the way.