Saturday, January 3, 2009

Getting Started

So how is everyone doing so far this year? It is difficult to get started with a new routine, it is even more difficult to maintain the new routine...that is why we are here!!!
I have already had a rocky start with making good food choices and finding the time to work out, but I WANT THIS!! So I just have to focus on the outcome that I want to achieve. I went snow tubing in OKC which was fun until I had to carry not one, but two intertubes up a big flight of stairs. It made me mad that I was huffing and puffing after that, I am too young to be this out of shape. But, I am determined to to this, for ME, for my family, for my health and happiness.
Be sure to keep track of your exercise time for the CHALLENGE! A great way to add to your motivation is to already have a reward in place for when you reach your Feb. 14th goal-how about a manicure, a new shirt, or some jewelry? Something for YOU that you will enjoy.

Thought for the day: I want my life to be much more than food and drink!

2 comments:

  1. 30 mins of walking up stairs with heavy resistance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today January 5 was my first official weight in. I'm 20 lbs from where I would REALLY like to be, probably 15 lbs from where I can reasonably be. I had lost 10 of those lbs and kept them off for several months. It was heartbreaking to have been 5 lbs away from my goal and have it all go to waste because of the holidays. I have been fighting with these seame 10 - 20 lbs for so long, it makes me want to scream sometimes!

    140 calorie breakfast
    salad and small bowl of soup lunch
    +a coke this afternon (shame on me, but the syrup feels good on my laryngitis'd throat- I know excuses excuses, hot tea should have been the proper choice).

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
definition of ME: a happy, blessed, cared for, loved, respected,Christ forgiven chick that wants to lose weight, feel great, and support others along the way.