Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tale From The Scale

Did everyone weigh yesterday? I thougt and forgot about posting!! I weighed and it wasn't great but it was definately better today. I look forward to hearing everyones Tale.
Thanks for all of the postings on Sunday. I completely agree with the comments that you have to give yourself treats or you wont stay on track. For me, right now if I give in to all of the "treats" I will never make progress, I tend to give myself an inch but end up taking a foot! The important part is the accountability with what you eat. If I did eat 4 peices of pizza on Sunday than I should probably skip the ice cream on Monday, but will I???? some of us can't do that yet-which is were our big problem is I think. I am by no means in no way necessarily selling the Weight Watchers plan but I will say that IT WORKS and that is what I am following now. The reason it works is that its truly not a diet that I do for a few days, lose alot of weight, eat again like normal, and gain twice as much back(been there done that, it was horrible) WW is all about lifetime lifestyle change, accountability, and portion and habits. You are can eat whatever you want you just have to be accountable for your choices. Ex. I can eat the pizza and count the points but I will choose to eat something lighter later that day. WW also teaches how to change and manage habits to help kick the emotional mindless eating that we tend to do. These are all things that can be done on our own. I truly dont care how you lose-it just needs to be safe, practical, and sustainable. So as you start this journey look at what you are doing with food now and see if it follows the three things above-if so then you go girl!! If not, please post and we will gladly help you find a healthier option. Happy Eating and have a Happy Week!!
Thought for the day: I'm not letting my stomach push me around anymore!

7 comments:

  1. I will add that I very often do treat myself to a yummy cold coffee thing! I have just found a way to make the calories work better for me and I try to do it only when I have WW points available or I havent eaten like a wild woman that day. I am definately not deprived!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weighted yesterday and I still weigh the same as I did Friday, but at least I didn't gain! I think I'll be more successful at this if I start actually journaling. I did walk today and plan on walking Tuesdays and Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I am one to just tell all. If I don't see the numbers I wont be as ashamed and I wont try as hard so here goes I weigh 174. I hate it but I once was 300. I did not lose anything this week but next week will be better now that I told the world how much I weigh. I Know what most of my problem is that I don't eat till 10:30 most nights then go to bed.I started walking every night so that should help. I am not sure what to about dinner I don't know if I should just skip it or what? It is about the only time I have to sit down. what should I do? Good luck to you all I hope everyone has a great week of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I weighed exactly the same as yesterday - I'm okay with that. I didn't eat well yesterday. I ate okay - so an okay day means no weight gain. Today so far I've consumes 160 calories + a hot tea (no coke so far!) I think I'll end up with a 500 calorie lunch, which means I need to try to keep my dinner to 300 calories. It's a lot easier to regulate my food at home. It would also help if I brought my lunches, but I haven't made it to the grocery store to stock up on my healthy choice/smart ones lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I weighed the same last Monday so no gain. I did get out and walk a mile two different times last week and hope to again this Thursday and Friday during the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girls, sorry I haven't posted recently. I didn't weigh Monday, but I've exercised several times this week and my weight was down from the end of December by 3 lbs. I am not counting this as my official tally. Since I am doing all of my weighing & exercising on my wii fit I will be able to keep track of everything there. I've only managed to exercise every other day since Jan 1st. I haven't done anything less than 30 min though. I will start keeping better track next week. FYI & for my accountability. On December 16th I weighed at the dr's office....203!! =( When I went on Monday I was only 199!! I am with Stacey, if I don't say #'s I won't hold myself accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok if you guys are going to spill all then I guess I will too...official first WW weigh in was 157.6-I have to pay weekly until i get atleast to 148. Thanks for sharing ladies!! WE WILL DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
definition of ME: a happy, blessed, cared for, loved, respected,Christ forgiven chick that wants to lose weight, feel great, and support others along the way.